Currently June 2018



So I've seen some other bloggers do these posts at the beginning of the month and liked the idea

Currently I am... 

Reading:  The novel Stones for Bread by Christa Parrish. It's about the art of baking bread and a girl who owns her own bakery and how she learns to navigate life in the midst of losing her mother at a young age.

Looking forward to: my Aunt B coming next week for my brother's graduation from high school. We don't have much extended family. (I only have one living grandpa who we don't see much and some cousins on my Dad's side who we don't see much) My Aunt is my mom's only sister and she never got married. My mom and her have had a semi-complicated relationship but my mom has stayed in touch with her for our sake and for which I'm grateful.

Enjoying: my cat living in my room. She's literally the sweetest BUT last night she peed on my bed. I will never understand her. I moved her up to my room from the basement about a week ago and she was doing super well until last night. If anyone has any experience dealing with cats who pee on things please share with me!




Listening to:  podcasts by James McDonlad at Walk in the Word on my way to work
the song "I can wait" by Mikeschair



Making:


 meatloaf with carrots






baked oatmeal











quinoa salad












Learning: 

How to be content, happy, and joyful in the present circumstances
To appreciate what I haver instead of always looking toward what's ahead
In other words I'm really struggling with my singleness
Reading this book Savoring Single by which is helpful.

Comments