Holiday encouragement




Depending on your life situation the holidays may not always be a joyful time. I don't have a lot of extended family and my family dynamic is kinda unpredictable at times so holidays can get me a bit discouraged at times.

 I thought I'd share some things that have really been encouraging me lately. 

  • Working at the bakery. It helps to have somewhere to go where I can interact with people and feel like I'm doing something useful with my time. 
  • Running. I haven't always had a healthy relationship with running but right now I feel like I'm in a pretty good place. It's not something I dread doing anymore but rather something I enjoy and it helps boost my mood and energy. 
  • My cat. She lives in my bedroom and cuddles with me at night. 
  • Reading books for fun! I stay up to late doing this but we're not going to talk about that right now. 
  • Baking and cooking. This is something I really miss at college. There's something really satisfying about being able to plan out and create meals and snacks for myself. It's kinda like magic. You put ingredients together and then bake it or whatever and get something better than you started with 


Here are some good blog posts I've read recently 



When Clothes Don't Fit Like They Used to by Emily 


Reframing Disordered Thoughts and Beliefs by Robin 

PostPartum Body Thoughts by Kylie 




*Note none of these pictures are mine. They are from pintrest. 

Comments