This is real life

So I managed to take pics of mostly all the food  I ate yesterday. Go me! The pictures over-idealize the way I eat. What you don't see in these pictures are the small bites of garlic toast I tried at work and the times I licked the bowl when I was cooking and ate small pieces of the graham cracker and oreos I was cooking with or how I ate a 3rd tiny cookie and had additional pinches of cheesecake and practically licked the pan clean of baked kale.   

I'd be lying if I said this didn't bother me at all. It does bother me a little bit or I wouldn't be writing about it but the difference is that it doesn't interfere with my life in the way it used to. I know that my eating habits don't define me. Right now in this season in my life I sometimes eat lots of tiny bits of food that aren't official snacks throughout the day and that's okay. I sometimes eat additional snacks after dinner not because I'm hungry but because I want to. And I'm okay with that. If I want to I know that I can always change this habit but it's totally ok if I'd don't. Perfect eating is in the eye of the beholder and right now for me this is what my perfect day of eating looked like on Wednesday July 5th. 



Breakfast of greek yogurt, blueberries, nut clusters and cereal 

Now this is one of those things I could've put on instagram but you wouldn't see the full story that after I ate this salad of chicken, guac and chips...

...I ate milk with cereal. I had been trying to whip my milk in the blender by adding ice because I'm a wacko like that. It just ended up turning into watered down milk which I added cereal to. Also ate a Hershey kiss. 

Even though I was full still from my watery milk concoction I didn't feel satisfied so I decided to try my new soybean butter 


thin crust pizza and kale chips and unpictured corn on the cob

picked mostly the apples out of this fruit salad on our table

3 oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies from Chocolate Covered Katie! and some of the cheesecake I made. (I thought it was gross warm but continued eating it anyway) Also ate the rest of the kale chips I baked. It's amazing how much those things shrink down when you bake them! 

I hope this encourages you that there really is no such thing as perfect eating. There's intuitive eating which I'm still learning and getting better at. 



Comments