WIAW (What I Ate Wednesday)




One of the biggest things I've been learning in recovery is that there is no perfect way to eat. Every person is different and will need different types of foods at different times. I used to base what I was eating off of what others ate but that doesn't work because other people eat differently from each other. I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle stages of intuitive eating. Sometimes I do it well and other times not so well but I've been learning that's okay. I am not defined by my eating habits. Eating is just like drinking water or sleep or going to the bathroom. It's something we do everyday because we need to but it isn't the main focus of our lives and sometimes we do it more or less than other days and that's totally okay. 



greek yogurt and bannana and cocoa powder smoothie (highly recommend just make sure banana's ripe) 
toast with pb and jelly 

bread with roast lunchmeat and cheese and multigrain chips and carrots 


blueberry and nut KIND bar

homemade meatloaf and a homemade potato pancake and lettuce with granola 
Also unpictured apple 

yasso "icecream" sandwich

some of my homemade cake with nutella (yes this is from my birthday several weeks ago but it's been in the fridge. It's fine.) 

These look like black beans but they're actually blueberries

My dinner/evening snacks are an example of when I feel like I wasn't eating "perfectly". Even though I was the one who made the meatloaf and potato pancake, I really didn't enjoy them and I didn't feel satisfied after. I kept eating snacks at night because I was hoping one of them would satisfy me. 

I realize every eating experience it's going to be super enjoyable and I've come to peace with that. Food is food. Sometimes is a great experience and sometimes it's just blah that's okay! That's how a lot of experiences in my life are. Instead of swaying back and forth based on emotions I've learned to identify my emotions and move on. 

I think medication has really helped me with this process. I take 150mg of zoloft which is used for a variety of things like anxiety and obsessiveness. It used to be my thoughts would get stuck and it'd be hard for me to move on but these meds help me to move on to something else more easily. 

Comments