Semester in Review



Right so I kinda figured this would happen: that with school starting I wouldn't keep up very well with this blog and I was right. 

But now the semester's officially over which means I'm more than halfway done with my undergrad degree!!! 

Here's a brief update on my life since the last couple months. 

School:

  • Time management was actually harder for me than normal this semester. 
    • I think it had to do with my class schedule. I had weird gaps of time between classes or work which weren't really enough time for me to sit down and focus on getting anything done but just enough time where I felt like I was wasting it. 

  • Learning to make peace with being average.
    •  Since I was in a lot of classes for my major this year I really wanted to make the highest grades I possibly could. Some of my classmates are really smart though and when I compared myself to them I felt like I didn't measure up. All I'm required to do is my best which might mean that I sometime get a B instead of an A. 
Social Life:
  • I have a hard time interacting with people I don't know very well.
    •  I'm not good at small talk and I feel awkward very easily. 
  • I really valued the close friends I do have this semester and was so grateful for the time I could spend with them and just be myself without being afraid of what they think of me. 

  • Sometimes I still have that desire for an exclusive best friend, a person who understands everything about me. 
    • But then I know that having a best friend won't solve the issue I'm trying to solve which ultimately is feeling valued and learning to love and accept myself the way I am. 
Health: 
  • Intuitive eating is still going pretty well.
    •  I'm able to know when and what I want to eat without overanalyzing it. 
  • I skipped a few months of getting a period but recently got it back.

  • Still working through some body image misconceptions. Certain weeks are better than others in regard to that. 
Plans for break: 
  • Working at bakery
  • hanging out with my immediate family 
  • blogging/reading blogs. I hope to start posting more frequently (at least over the holiday season). So stayed tuned for that. 
Here's some humor to brighten up your day:






Questions, comments, concerns?

Comments