when your set point weight is higher than you want

Hey guys! So this is not a WIAW post sadly but it is very important. Last week I weighed myself for the first time in 3 years. I understand this is not always a good idea but for me I wanted to know what my healthy set point weight is (determined by where I menstruate) and make peace with it. Anyways I was really surprised that the number was much higher than I thought it would be. It was a little above the weight I was when I was 13 before all this began. Honestly that scared me and I've been thinking about myself more negatively because of it,  but I'm determined to fight the inaccurate beliefs I hold about my body and appearance. 

Here's how I've been fighting 

1.  Telling others my emotions. I normally process things best internally but with this I've discovered I have too many obsessive thoughts about it so it's been helping me to tell other people my feelings. 
2. Reading other girls' stories. We are not in this alone! And that's what's so cool. I am by far not the only person who's struggling with accepting my body at a healthy weight. 
3. Writing down quotes about body image that I've read from other bloggers 
4. Not changing the way I eat because I know my weight. I'm choosing to trust my body to regulate itself and that I won't keep gaining weight. 
5. Distracting myself with other things I enjoy such as working at the grocery store, reading books, interacting with family and friends
6. Learning that constantly examining my body, looking at old photos of myself and obsessing over my bmi contribute more to my obsession than they do to help it 
7. Pray and absorb scripture. Honestly I haven't been currently doing as much of this as I should. 
8. Reassuring myself that I'm healthy and that's more important than being skinny. 


I'll keep you guys posted on how all this is going. Also my nutrition books came this week (for my college classes). I go back in less than a month! It's sad summer's almost over but I'm also really excited for this year! 

Also my family's going camping again this week so next time I'll have more forest and malamute pictures to share! 

You are loved!  

Comments